Sr Corporate Counsel II, Corporate – Corporate Transactions and Corporate Law
About Our Group:
Members of Seagate’s Legal, Government Relations, and Global Trust and Security Department are diverse, dynamic, innovative and engaged. Our attorneys and other professionals work collaboratively as valued business partners to support Seagate’s strategy and objectives. Our team goals are to Protect Seagate, Deliver Awesome Services, Build Sustainable Relationships, and Build the Best Team. We do impactful and interesting work, support each other, and have fun.
About This Role:
Seagate is seeking an experienced and highly skilled corporate and transactional lawyer. The ideal candidate will possess 5 to 8 years of legal experience in the areas of corporate governance, Irish company law, subsidiary maintenance, and U.S. capital markets transactions, including debt securities and lending transactions. We will consider candidates with relevant in-house legal experience at public companies and strong law firm attorneys for this position. As Senior Corporate Counsel II, you will report to the Deputy General Counsel and will work with the Principal Counsel and others in the Legal Department to:
- Provide advice and counsel on general corporate, company law, compliance, and corporate governance matters;
- Assist with the preparation and planning for the annual meeting of shareholders;
- Support and advise on U.S. financing and U.S. capital markets transactions including debt offerings, credit agreements, and other treasury‐related matters;
- Provide legal support and counseling to internal teams including finance and treasury teams regarding financial transactions and corporate projects;
- Advise on NASDAQ-listed equity, executive compensation and stock administration matters;
- Assist with subsidiary maintenance and manage and direct paralegals for these matters;
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and best practices in company law and corporate governance arenas and drive change and education as appropriate.
This is a great opportunity to join Seagate’s fantastic in-house legal team and work on challenging and often cutting-edge legal issues that require creative and proactive advice and client support. As you join our worldwide legal team you will work collaboratively across the legal department and with high-level internal stakeholders to achieve Seagate’s business objectives.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and handle whatever crosses your desk;
- Organized, hard-working and highly professional, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage numerous projects simultaneously without compromising attention to details, and exercise sound judgment;
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, write clearly and concisely, and manage tasks to deadline;
- Ability to represent the company professionally, thoughtfully and with the highest standards of integrity; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented approach.
Your experience includes:
- At least 5 to 8 years of relevant experience;
- Bar admission in good standing;
- Corporate governance experience (ESG-related a bonus!);
- Experience with Irish company law;
- Familiarity with subsidiary maintenance matters;
- U.S. capital markets experience, preferably from a combination of top tier law firm and public company in-house work;
- Familiarity with U.S. equity compensation plans and executive compensation;
Travel: 0 - 15%
Locations: Dublin, Ireland; or Springtown, Northern Ireland
Click the Apply Online button to apply with your CV
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability or ethnic origin. The Company specifically welcomes applications from the protestant community who are currently underrepresented in this job category. All applications will be considered strictly on the basis of merit.