Head of Private Client Department – Lifetime Solicitors
Lifetime Solicitors have an exciting opportunity arise in our Private Client team. We have a full private client practice with Wills, Probate, Trusts and Lasting Power of Attorneys and are looking for a dedicated solicitor to Head the department and join as a Director of the company.
This role will require undertaking management of the team, from targets and work allocation, to supervision and support to the team, as well as some fee earning work. Experience in advising on and drafting trusts will be essential. STEP qualification would be preferable.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the Private Client Team fee, ensuring targets are monitored, to supervise staff and to carry out fee earning work.
- To maintain existing relations with the firm’s clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers.
- Conduct of private client and related matters on behalf of clients.
- Drafting of Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and dealing with Trust and Estate Administration.
- Management of support services for which you are responsible, including supervision of support staff.
- Willing to participate in the growth and future development on the department, assisting in the build-up of the client database and marketing the firm’s services.
- Maintaining orderly and up-to-date files including electronically and complying with the firm’s policies on file management.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- 3+ years' PQE
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage deadlines and competing priorities.
- Good “hands on” private client experience in Wills, Trusts, Lasting Power of Attorney and Trust and Estate Administration.
- Excellent client facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third-party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and assist in networking events.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required.
- Technical proficiency and good IT skills
- Good academic background
- The ability to prioritise work and meet strict timescales
- Able to deal with clients with empathy and professionalism
- Confident and able to exercise initiative and manage other staff within the team.
Hours: 9.00am – 17:00pm, Monday to Friday
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Health Care and Pension Scheme
Salary: Up to £70,000, negotiable, depending on experience
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org