Murphy GroupJob Title:
Legal Counsel – Construction/CommercialLocation:
Warrington AreaWorking Pattern:
Hybrid working model – a mixture of home and office based working, so ability to get to the North West office is neededSalary:
up to £55k + good benefits
Douglas Scott have been exclusively instructed by the multinational construction business, Murphy Group on the search for an ambitious Legal Counsel to join their established in-house legal team. The business are an incredibly successful, leading name within the construction sector and they have operations across a vast array of infrastructure and development projects.
The Legal Counsel will get the opportunity to work on some exciting high value projects and will get exposure to general commercial contracts, construction contracts, disputes and corporate matters amongst others.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating various agreements (Construction, Commercial, IT/Tech agreements etc…) and identifying key legal and commercial risks to the business.
- Provision of wider legal services and advice to a range of key stakeholders
- Assisting with the management of litigation and claims
- Exposure and support on employment law matters and disputes
- Supporting on various property law matters (leases, disposals and acquisitions)
- Instructing and liaising with external advisors as and when required
- Assisting/leading on any other ad-hoc legal queries typically arising from working for an in-house legal team
Candidates from 0-4 PQE will be considered, ranging from NQ’s with some relevant training seats, to either commercial or construction solicitors. Additionally, solicitors with a transactional background will also be considered if deemed to have relevant transferrable experience. Training and development will be provided to the right candidate and this is an excellent opportunity to become a strong commercially minded lawyer with an extensive understanding of the construction industry, working as part of a mid-sized in-house team with great support & guidance from some very experienced solicitors.
If this position is of any interest, please send over an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be in touch to discuss further.