Experienced Serious Injury Legal Assistant required for a growing Liverpool based law firm.
Your new company
This international law firm are one of the UK's leading providers of insurance and legal services. They work in partnership with a variety of insurers and brokers to deliver a vast variety of claims solutions. The company has grown to approximately 1000 employees across five offices throughout the UK.
Your new role
Due to the growing workload and client base, the firm are hiring an experienced serious injury paralegal/legal assistant. The typical roles and responsibilities are:
- Being responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal and Non Portal claims, following the MOJ process/litigation process, and making use of the firm's Case Management Systems.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, whilst managing their expectations.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary.
What you'll need to succeed
Due to the independent nature of the work, previous experience is essential. You must have a proven track record of handling your own fast track RTA claims, and/or 2 years of litigation experience, handling cases until completion. Having an interest in pursuing a career in Serious Injury matters is also beneficial.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary, based on your previous experience and knowledge.
- Excellent opportunities to work closely with CAT injury lawyers and handle your own cases.
- Opportunities for career growth within the organisation, with a training contract possible over time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.