Experienced RTA/Portal paralegal required for Liverpool based law firm to cover fast-track RTA caseload.
Your new company
This international law firm are one of the UK's leading providers of insurance and legal services. They work in partnership with a variety of insurers and brokers to deliver a vast variety of claims solutions. The company has grown to approximately 1000 employees across five offices throughout the UK.
Your new role
As a portal legal assistant, your main roles and responsibilities will be:
- To be responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this position, you must have previous experience handling your own RTA cases, or have handled a similar PI/litigation caseload in a legal capacity. It is also essential that you have completed the LLB to a minimum 2:1 standard.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary, depending on your experience.
- A chance to work closely with qualified lawyers on your own cases.
- Excellent career progression opportunities, with a training contract possible in the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.