Locum In-house Legal Adviser
£35 - £45 per hour
In-house Legal Adviser is required to join a commercial organsaition which provide commercially focused and efficient legal solutions across all areas of commercial and procurement activities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the drafting, review, and will participate in, the negotiation of all contracts including client agreements and supply contracts. They will also be responsible for matters relating to data protection, legal compliance, internal audits, company insurances and employee documents.
This role would be suitable for someone with extensive legal/ commercial contracts experience looking for the next step in their career.
The right candidate will be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and helping negotiate supply contracts and client agreements
- Document drafting: NDAs, variations, novation agreements, waivers and employee documents
- Advising on the shape, structure and set up of commercial / procurement contracts
- Collaborating closely with internal clients to get contracts closed
- Working closely with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure timely updates, escalation of issues, and identification and reporting of risks to relevant business and executive leads
- Providing trusted and proactive legal/commercial advice, both verbally and in writing
- Informing and engaging stakeholders of legislative changes and being involved at a senior level with implementation of any changes required
- Presenting at monthly senior management team meetings to stakeholders within the business
- Creation and circulation of legal monthly updates
- Reviewing internal policies and employee documents and updating these where required
- Performing internal audits and taking responsibility for external audits for ISO standards
- Advising on Data Protection matters to stakeholders and the IT department
- Scanning, filing electronic copies of contracts and performing contract administration as required
- Engaging outside counsel for escalated legal matters and managing such counsel
- Reviewing insurances in accordance with obligations under the Insurance Act 2015
Our client is ideally looking for a commercially focused and pragmatic individual with previous contracts experience. We ideally need someone who can start on short notice as the current post holder is leaving.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website