An exciting opportunity has come up with a Gaming and Gambling company in West London who are looking for an experienced financial crime professional to head up their AML function, leading a small team. They are looking for someone who can come in to continue to develop and enhance their programme. Experience within the gambling or payments sector is preferred, however this is not essential.
Job Purpose Statement:
Head of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF) champions a culture of crime prevention and good financial monitoring across the business to ensure that it complies with its AML legal and regulatory obligations as well as internal policies and procedures - maintaining the Group's legal and ethical integrity. They will support the business to make decisions and deliver a service that protects and enhances the reputation of the company. The Head of AML & CTF is expected to support the CRO in providing effective risk management in a highly regulated and fast paced environment, and enable the business operations to manage financial crime risks effectively and efficiently across all aspects of the business, including (but not limited to):
- Developing and managing the company's AML policy.
- Designing and maintaining effective AML risk assessments.
- Developing and reporting on key AML risk indicators.
- Implementing robust and effective due diligence procedures in respect of all aspects of AML requirements.
- Managing timely and accurate reporting for all aspects of the AML function and money laundering reporting requirements.
- Raising awareness and providing advisory for AML & CTF regulatory aspects of the business, ensuring best practice is followed and adhered to and that risk is minimised.
- Acting as the key contact for senior managers, other business stakeholders, external industry bodies and law enforcement.
- Operating with effective Knowing Your Customer (KYC) processes to ensure that customers are only spending what they can afford is key to any gambling licensed business. The Head of AML & CTF will be expected to lead on ensuring that KYC best practices are developed and applied.
- The Head of AM & CTF will have direct responsibility for the AML function and is responsible for ensuring that the business has the requisite knowledge and understanding to ensure it complies with all relevant AML and CTF regulations.
- As the Company's Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) the role includes responsibility for identifying potential threats to the company and fulfilling its legal reporting requirements.
- The role also includes responsibility for the company's anti-bribery and corruption policy and providing subject matter expertise and advice to senior stakeholders and department heads on developing policies and operating frameworks that include any element of AML related requirements.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role, ideally within the Gambling industry.
- An excellent knowledge of anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing risk mitigation measures.
- Proven track record in developing anti money laundering related policies and operating procedures.
- Ideally, a valid Gambling Commission personal management licence holder.
- Knowledge of AML Laws and Regulation and MLRO requirements, including the requirements relating to the UK Gambling Act 2005 and the Gambling Commission's License Conditions and Codes of Practice (non-remote).
- Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Establishing a robust training program on the requirements of the AML policy and guidelines.
- Retaining appropriate records of Customer Due Diligence (CDD), transactions, suspicious activity, and AML training.
- Knowledge of the UK Gambling Act and Gambling Commission's License Conditions and Codes of Practice (remote).
- Understanding of the Gambling Commission's License Conditions and Codes of Practice relating to Social Responsibility requirements.
- Awareness of gambling industry related third party organisations and trade associations, e.g., GAMLG and the British Gambling Council.
- Understanding of gambling products.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles he is handling please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com