Our client is an entrepreneurial and fast-growing international law firm with offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
They are well known for providing a full range of market-leading legal services across their chosen sectors.
Their award-winning construction team is experienced, commercial and able to assist clients in the vetting, drafting and negotiation of a range of construction and engineering contracts (including the JCT, NEC, and FIDIC suite of contracts) and in the drafting and review of main contracts, sub-contracts, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and terms of business.
Clients include institutional funds, overseas funds, developers, occupiers, investors and lenders. The team also works closely with other core practice areas, in particular project finance and corporate. The firm is particularly renowned for their expertise in renewable energy, including offshore wind and onshore solar projects.
Due to strong growth and increasing client demand, they are looking for an additional Construction Associate to join the team. While opportunities may arise to support and assist on contentious matters, this role is intended to have a primarily non-contentious focus.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Excellent academics;
- Training and ideally up to 2 years' post-qualification experience in either pure non-contentious construction or mixed contentious/non-contentious construction, acting for major national and international clients on complex projects, ideally gained from a City, international or highly regarded regional law firm;
- Proven technical skills and the ability to approach transactions creatively;
- Experience working with JCT contracts; experience with other standard forms such as NEC and FIDIC would be an advantage;
- A good understanding of the construction market;
- Experience of leading on projects;
- Strong legal, analytical and transaction management and execution skills; and
- A proactive and confident attitude with a high level of initiative.
England & Wales' qualification is required for this particular opportunity.
To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on +44 (0)7860774391 for a confidential discussion.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com