Construction Solicitor – 2 - 4 PQE
Our clients Legal 500 Construction team are highly regarded for undertaking a wide range of mainly non-contentious work for a broad range of regional and national clients.
As a team, many of the Solicitors handle both contentious and non- contentious matters and are keen to encourage people to develop a wide skill set. You should be familiar with JCT and NEC contracts from a purely construction and property development perspective, while any experience of PPP, PFI, FIDIC, ICHEME would be an advantage.
The firm are keen to support a productive work/life balance and to enable you to develop a long-term professional profile. They are currently working remotely with occasional office attendance when there is a business need. Moving forward more frequent attendance will be expected when it is safe to do so and a long term future of flexible working, building on the positive aspects of the team's experiences during 2020.
As a Construction Solicitor you will be responsible for dealing with contractors, employers and insurers on a variety of contentious matters having gained experience on the contentious side of adjudication, arbitration and litigation as well as the ability to give commercial advice at the early stage when projects are in destress. The Construction department advice both corporates and high net worth individuals, contractors and sub contractors and advise on a broad range of matters across a variety of sectors.
- Qualified Solicitor with a strong legal & technical knowledge, sufficient to achieve targets agreed with the Head of Department.
- Undertaken either contentious or non-contentious construction matters
- Excellent client service levels and an understanding of the range & type of clients & their needs
- Confident networker, ideally with experience of developing a case load and building strong client and referrer relationships.
- Good financial management, including regular billing & collection of fees
- Strong team player with the ability to share knowledge, work and experience with more junior fee earners
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and colleagues in a friendly and approachable manner.
On offer is the opportunity to join a leading legal 500 firm, who can offer good quality work, excellent salary and benefit package as well as a first class working environment. Please Contact Karen Jones or apply to role below: 02920 388100 / firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.