Our client, a progressive, Legal 500 recommended West Yorkshire law firm, seeks an additional Family Solicitor to join the Care department based in Huddersfield. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive organisation offering great career development.
Working for this regional law firm, you will assist the team on parent childcare work primarily. Areas of work would include, Care Proceedings, Contact with a child in care, Discharge of a Care Order, Placement Orders. You would be expected to have your own caseload but also assist other team members. You would also be expected to undertake advocacy. Support would be provided if the candidate has aspirations to be on the Children Panel.
You will need:
- At least 2 years experience handling own caseload in family law and particularly care proceedings, including; Contact with a Child in Care, Discharge of a Care Order, Placement Orders,
- Must however have a strong desire to specialise in care proceedings,
Excellent client care skills and a strong worth ethic,
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment to meet deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter, motivator, meticulous and capable of being innovative
- Law Society Child Panel Accreditation preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, including bonus scheme. Open to consider full time/part time and also flexible/part home working arrangements.