We are a Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 ranked firm based in Cardiff and London E1 practising in Education /Community Care /Administrative and Public Law/
Claims against public authorities.
We require legally experienced people to fill immediate Trainee Solicitor positions in our London office located in London E1 8JP, near Tower Bridge. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate significant legal casework experience in a quality firm for a minimum of 18 months. Our recruitment process will require this to be demonstrated at the outset.
Much of the work involves judicial review and tribunal appeals. A full training programme with specialist supervision will be provided.
Starting date: Preferably November/December 2021
- A good LLB (2:1 or above) or GDL (commendation or above).
- Ability to manage time and to monitor performance.
- Proven track record of at least 18 months’ successful experience in responsible posts in a legal office
- Efficient worker, decisive character, with good commercial judgment
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to work in a small team and with difficult clients under stress.
- WP and keyboard skills
- Experience of Case management and IT applications
- Knowledge or experience of the areas of Education law, Community Care, Public law or litigation;
- Experience of working in legal aid including working on Legal Help files and making applications for legal aid on the CCMS system
- Proven commercial ability to enhance a profitable caseload of mixed private and legal aid work
Please contact Emma Monteiro with a CV and covering letter email@example.com
Closing date 28th October 2021, although applications will be considered as they are received; so we encourage any interested applicants to apply promptly.