Taylor Rose MW is a top 75 independent firm of solicitors with over 1,000 experts operating nationwide. We build trusted relationships with people and organisations to successfully overcome hurdles and challenges in life and in business.
Today, as Taylor Rose MW, we are proud of our heritage and our unique management structure that enables us to deliver on our philosophy of smart modern law.
Purpose: To undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to a successful Crime team undertaking Duty Solicitor responsibilities by inclusion on the relevant duty rota’s for Courts and Police Stations, as well as being a panel member for Legal Aid work.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Manage a full caseload and ongoing work coming into the department.
- Magistrate and Crown Court casework, police station and prison attendance.
- Conduct matters on behalf of clients and keep them regularly informed as to progress on a wide range of criminal matters.
- Ability to interview Clients and witnesses.
- Providing written advice and drafting legal documents.
- Sound knowledge of Criminal law with at least 1 year PQE.
- Flexibility to travel, attend courts and work out of hours as required, with additional payment for out of hours police station work.
- Maintain accreditation and CPD.
- Maintaining departmental standards, procedures and policies (Lexcel).
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Dealing with queries raised by Clients on particular matters.
- Performing and achieving against billing targets.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of the Company’s and Client’s documentation and information.
- Exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Attend departmental meetings when required.
- Submitting required documents to court prior to trial.
- Minimum 1 year legal crime experience
- Ability to use case management systems
- High standard of computer literacy
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A natural problem solver
Company Core Values:
- Aspirations: To be the best that you can, motivated to do things better, works smarter not harder, embraces changes, learns form mistakes, takes an interest in the vision of the business
- Open and honest, shows respect, admits mistakes, looks at ways to improve and share ideas
- Creative and Dynamic, Adaptable to change, seeks ways of doing things better, get involved with work that makes a difference, continuously learns new things for personal development
- Relationships for the long-term
Please contact the Recruitment Team to discuss your application and the opportunity available.