LAW Absolute are exclusively assisting The London Borough of Redbridge in their search for a Chief Legal Officer to join them on a permanent contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The Chief Legal Officer will:
• Be responsible for 4 Principal Lawyers, 11 Lawyers, 2 Land Charge Officers and 2 Senior Legal Assistants
• Ensure provision of expert legal advice to the council, its members and officers
• Plan, organise and direct at a strategic level
• Have overall responsibility for Employment, Property, Planning, Contracts, Education and Children & Families
• Represent and act on behalf of Redbridge Council at meetings of key national and local government bodies
• Act as Deputy Monitoring Officer
The Chief Legal Officer will receive all of the accompanying benefits of a permanent post, including paid holidays and sick leave, the Local Government Pension Scheme, job security and flexible working patterns.
In terms of experience, the Chief Legal Officer will be a qualified solicitor or equivalent, and will have sound knowledge of property, regeneration and contracts law, they will also have leadership experience and be an effective communicator.
For this role local authority experience is preferable.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th November 2021.
To register an interest in the position, please send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.