Our client is a global and innovative tech company who act for a wide range of industries and brands including consumer goods, luxury & fashion, sports, entertainment, pharmaceutical, technology and many more. It has a strong growth trajectory in the UK supporting the business across a range of functions as part of the Legal Team.
This newly created position will join a small Legal Team supporting UK & European operations. Head office is based in London, but a person can work remotely from anywhere in the UK. You will report into the Chief Legal Officer and have the benefit of working collaboratively with other members of the Legal Team.
70% of your work will be focused on employment law matters in the UK and Europe however, you must be willing to provide support when required to other members of the business in teams such as Finance, Operations, Product, Sales and IT. Training outside of employment law will be provided when required.
You will be:
- Qualified in England & Wales or an EU jurisdiction and have approximately 3-5 years of post-qualified experience.
- Experienced in Employment Law and have a desire to gain further experience in EU Employment Law.
- Confident to engage in conversations with a variety of people across the business to address legal day-to-day needs.
- Be open to broadening your experience across commercial contract work as well as other governance & compliance related matters and provide support in general as required.
- Be a good communicator, self-starter and have a drive to be successful.
- Flexible and willing to travel to Central London on occasion if required.
Your work will include but not be limited to:
- Drafting a range of employment contracts in the UK, EU and addressing employment issues working alongside members of the HR team and other stakeholders. 70% of your work will be focused on employment law.
- Working with external counsel as required.
- Helping with onboarding and compliance training regarding new employees.
- Working on company employee policies and advising the business on any changes to relevant laws.
- When possible, providing additional support with reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (customer & supplier).
- Provide support to the CFO with respect to governance matters.
- Providing support across a variety of different tasks associated with KYC and data protection.
A competitive salary is on offer plus a bonus and a range of benefits and incentives. You will also enjoy our client's policy of offering employees the flexibility to work remotely with the added benefit of a supportive and collaborative office and culture.
This is an excellent career opportunity to learn about an innovative and growing global tech company and it is a great time to be joining. Get in touch to hear more.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and conversations are strictly confidential.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com