Legal Contracts Adviser
The Environment Bank is expanding its professional team as a result of a major expansion in demand, and we are looking to appoint to a number of key posts in the coming months including a Legal Contracts Adviser.
Are you struggling to see how your current legal role offers you an opportunity to make a real impact on the Net Zero and Climate Change agenda in a commercial environment?
We are an independent business, based in York. We are the leading business specialising in biodiversity accounting, use of metrics, and establishment of bespoke offsets and habitat banks to generate conservation credits that are purchased by developers to make their projects compliant with planning law. The Environment Bank Limited is embarking on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever.
This role will be broad in scope and dynamic in nature. You will work closely with the business and in particular the ecology team and advise on both the Habitat Bank roll out programme and strategic and operational aspects of a wide range of property related issues including:
- Overseeing and managing a growing property portfolio of leasehold properties;
- Leading property related transactions including new habitat site development;
- Draft and negotiate habitat leases and habitat management agreements;
- Manage the business’ relationship with external counsel on Habitat Bank Roll out and wider matters; and
- Advising on broader legal areas such as commercial contracts, data protection and regulatory. It is not expected that you will have non-property experience but, with support from our external counsel, we will assist you in developing your expertise in the range of services required of in house counsel.
You will be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and have at least 3 years PQE experience and will have at least 3 years PQE experience. In addition, you may:
- Currently sit in a real estate, agricultural or conveyancing legal team in private practice;
- Already be a member of an in-house legal team, where real estate matters form a focus or element of your role.
- It is desirable but not essential that you have in-house experience from a secondment;
- Possess strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- You must also be an excellent communicator and be able to foster strong relationships with the business and senior management team that you will be working with together with a genuine passion to deliver positive environmental outcomes though your legal career.
This position will be based in the York HQ but with the option to adopt a hybrid (home/office) working schedule.
- Flexible company, this role can be filled full time/part time job share. We offer different ways to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
- Hours of work: Full time 35 hours
- HQ – York, onsite parking
- Enhanced Pension
- 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays and your birthday
- Company laptop and phone
- Competitive salary £50,000 FTE