My client is a well-established practice with offices throughout South Yorkshire which is looking for a qualified Clinical Negligence fee earner to work in the Clinical Negligence department at their Sheffield office.
As the Clinical Negligence Solicitor/Legal Executive, you can expect to assist more experienced paralegals/solicitors in the civil litigation team and run a caseload consisting of litigation work, including Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence, Police Actions and complaints, and general litigation and civil liberties work.
You will be required to carry out your own casework and assist other fee earners with their casework as follows:
- Liaise with the Legal Aid Agency
- Liaise with insurers/obtain insurance
- Deal with clients requiring litigation advice in person, managing the client’s expectations
- Provide written advice to the client, where necessary
- Maintain proper diary systems for example court and tribunal dates, limitation dates, and timetables set by courts/tribunals
- Produce documents and instructions and obtain expert reports
- Negotiate settlements with other parties
- Attend court alone or with counsel, and conduct own advocacy where necessary/appropriate
- Brief counsel, where necessary/appropriate
To be successful in this Clinical Negligence Solicitor/Legal Executive role you will have a good knowledge of Litigation law, with experience handling your own caseload within litigation as a minimum requirement. You will also have an awareness and understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules, Knowledge of Law Society guidelines and procedures of the Legal Services Commission, and experience in Legal aid contracting.
Salary is DOE but competitive for the right candidate.
For more information about this role, please contact Ian Mannion at G2 Legal.