TSR Legal have a brand new opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Client Relationship Partner / Senior Business Relationship Manager to join our clients central sales team.
The Client Relationship Partner / Senior Relationship Manager will play a pivotal role in driving and supporting the growth and development of the firms client portfolio along with the firm's wider initiatives to enhance its profile in the legal industry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure the firm develops an effective working relationship with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrate a successful track record of building effective relationships with multiple senior stakeholders including Lead Partners, operations teams and the wider fee earning community.
- Support our practise area teams in growing the firm's relationship with nominated key clients by identifying opportunities to range extend and cross-sell.
- Promote client relationship management best practice and ensure that activity is strategic, proactive and targeted.
- Leverage the firm's key initiatives and cross-practice service offerings to drive profitability and market penetration.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the firm’s key clients and their businesses and assist with the sharing of that information within the firm to help identify and drive opportunities.
- Develop and lead a Client Listening programme by conducting and capturing client feedback through client listening, matter and pitch debriefs and driving arising actions.
- Coordinate and manage pipeline development with the Lead Partners and wider fee earning community.
- Coordinate and liaise with the fee earning community to ensure consistency and sharing of strategic information across clients and industries.
- Facilitate the penetration of client relationships across practice groups and the wider firm.
- Chair or co-chair regular meetings with the Lead Partners to ensure client account plans are created, reviewed, and appropriately executed.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Client Delivery Manager and internal operations teams to ensure pitches are delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Work with the relevant expert Lawyers to develop and execute a thought leadership and expertise strategy designed to reinforce our drive towards market leadership.
- Work with the Management Board and Partner community on revenue targets and monitor progress against the firm's profitability and other financial metrics.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Director to continually undertake competitor SWOT analysis to ascertain wallet share position and gaps where the firm may be able to differentiate.
- Oversee the preparation of regular financial and non-financial reports for clients and internal stakeholders and interpret data.
Sales & Business Development
- Identify which are the most appropriate clients and intermediaries for growth (current and past clients as well as future targets) and develop targeted plans accordingly.
- Identify new and emerging markets for the firm to exploit, using your knowledge and skills to drive new initiatives to completion, with the aim of demonstrating quantifiable business growth.
- Work with our Partner community to identify key intermediary relationships and develop plans to enhance connectivity.
- Work with the Marketing team and Commercial Director to create effective sales campaigns that can result in new conversations and ultimately instructions
- Define and assist in the development of marketing and business development plans for cross-firm initiatives.
Bids, Tenders & Opportunity Management
- Manage and support the entire opportunity pursuit process, including identifying opportunities, managing opportunity tracking processes, preparing client-focused sales collateral, and coordinating partners around pipelines.
- Lead and drive all relevant major client opportunities including pitches and proposals, working closely with the Lead Partner community and wider key stakeholders.
- You will be an experienced Client Relationship Partner/Senior Business Relationship Manager with commensurate knowledge of the legal industry.
- Previous experience in a client facing role is essential.
- With an appetite to challenge, you will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and strive to be at the forefront of delivering a best-in-class business development function.
- You will be a strategic and creative thinker with strong commercial acumen.
- A natural problem-solver you will possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with energy, enthusiasm, drive, and influence.
- You will be accomplished in producing technically excellent and commercially accurate sales report and commentary.
- You will be able to demonstrate leadership experience for both coaching teams and managing major projects and/or initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively interact with peers and influence internal clients including senior stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity for a Client Relationship Partner / Senior Relationship Manager with at least 5 plus years of experience to join a prestigious Cardiff law firm.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call Karen Jones for a confidential conversation on 02920 388100 or by email direct to email@example.com in confidence.