IT Contract Lawyer
Inspera started its journey in the small fjords of Norway and now work with leading educational institutions worldwide, enabling them to deliver on-screen assessments to students onsite or remotely. Last year, we facilitated 2,6 million exam submissions from test-takers in over 160 countries. Our team is diverse too: 60% of our staff are international, representing over 25 countries.
About the Job
As an IT Contract Lawyer, you will be an important part of our Enterprise Projects Team. You will be working in an international environment, mainly with a team of enterprise consultants on one side and large educational institutions, awarding bodies and ministries across the world on the other side.
As IT Contract Lawyer the primary work tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing large enterprise IT contracts, which can range from multi-year framework agreements to single call-offs
- Reviewing data protection agreements and understanding their impact against our own obligations
- Advising on contractual and data protection risks
- Drafting and reviewing standard SaaS and data protection agreements
- Representing Inspera in contract negotiations together with the commercial leads
- Liaising and coordinating with the Chief Compliance Officer and Data Protection Officer regarding contractual privacy and compliance matters
Skills and Knowledge Required
- You must hold or have held a practising certificate as a Solicitor or Barrister in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction. The vast majority of the contracts you will deal with are governed by the courts of England and Wales. Please note this role is not open to those who have not completed a training contract, pupillage or equivalent. We will ask for evidence of your qualifications during the recruitment process.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts in the field of technology/IT and data protection agreements is essential
- Prior exposure to product development and/or service delivery projects is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently, multitask and achieve tight deadlines is a must
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humour and a can-do attitude are always a plus.
- Salary of £75,000 pro-rata, equating to £45,000 per annum on 0.6 FTE basis
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (pro-rata)
- Option to work remotely and flexibly
- A computer and mobile phone
- Home broadband allowance
- Gym membership allowance
- Quarterly company meetings in Oslo (travel restrictions permitting)
- Driven and fun team to work in
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new IT Contract Lawyer? Then we'd love to hear about you!