Our client is a major global law firm. Their lawyers represent some of the world's leading financial institutions and the firm has garnered an established reputation in funds formation work and for having an in depth understanding of custom and practice in the private funds marketplace.
Globally, the firm is a market leader in funds and subscription finance, and represents the world's leading financial institutions providing equity bridge/capital call/subscription line facilities to private funds (including private equity funds) throughout the world's financial centres. The team also works on NAV/Asset backed facilities to funds.
The team's strong client base and diverse skill set have made it a prominent feature in London's banking and finance market, and to maintain and grow this reputation they are now looking to add at least one additional mid-level Funds Finance Associate.
Although the principal focus will be on funds finance, Associates will also have the opportunity to work across the banking team generally, which may also involve working on real estate, leveraged and project finance deals depending on the individual's experience and clients' requirements. Candidates who do not have experience exclusively in Funds Finance, but who perhaps have a mixed background including a mix of banking and finance experience might also be of interest.
This is a tremendous opportunity to establish your career within a leading law firm. In order to be considered you will have:
- Training and 2-6 years' relevant post-qualification experience in funds finance law, gained from a well-regarded City or international law firm;
- Experience of leveraged and real estate finance or corporate lending transactions, but principally lender side LMA documents, is desirable
- A very good understanding of English law security is essential
- Inter-creditor experience is advantageous
As well as the above technical skills, you will also have:
- A high degree of sector knowledge and commercial awareness;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drafting skills;
- A self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects; and
- Enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to building and maintaining strong internal and external (including client) relationships.
- The ability to work well in both a team and individually, and to interact/build relationships with people at all levels
- A desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing with a view to handling networking and client contact from the outset
- Effective time management and a solid understanding of how a law firm works as a business.
Solicitors with experience gained in London are preferred, but high-quality candidates from other jurisdictions with relevant funds finance experience would also be considered.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles we are handling, please contact David von Dadelszen on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07860774391.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com