JOIN US! We are hiring a Senior Legal Counsel to join our International Legal Team!
Our legal team provides support across Symphony Retail AI operations in global markets throughout the Americas, UK, Europe Middle East, & Africa and Asia-Pacific regions. The team advises on commercial legal issues with a primary focus on B2B commercial software (SaaS and perpetual) licences, implementation services and maintenance agreements (both renewals and new business). This role will also have an opportunity to broaden the scope of engagement to cover corporate, data protection, IP, competition, and employment law.
As the senior in house lawyer, you will work closely with the company’s sales account executives, executive heads of function, finance team, customer/vendor counsel, general counsel, other senior legal counsel (outside and/or in house), a corporate paralegal and legal administrator. This role reports directly to the General Counsel. The legal team is currently located in the US and Europe.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, ambitious and bring great energy to the role. You will enjoy thinking on your feet and adapting your approach to the needs of the business!
Working closely with the business teams (and local external lawyers from time to time) worldwide to provide legal advice and assist with the drafting and negotiation of:
- Software License and Maintenance agreements
- SaaS agreements
- Services agreements - including assisting with commercial and technical issues in statements of work;
- Distribution Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Letters of intent and
- Other contractual agreements as required from time to time (such as general supplier agreements, consultancy agreements, partnership agreements)
You will partner with the business, advising on:
- IP issues arising in the context of a software business
- General commercial issues as they arise in a rapidly changing business environment and
- Matters of general corporate law, corporate structure and governance for business entities internationally in collaboration with the Senior Corporate Paralegal.
Candidates must be qualified to practise as Legal Counsel in a relevant jurisdiction with c.10years' PQE in commercial law of which c.5years PQE experience will be on B2B SaaS and software license contracts.
In addition to bringing your enthusiasm, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate experience of:
- Working in international corporate environments
- Providing legal support for Cross-border commercial transactions
- Drafting, reviewing and successfully negotiating B2B SaaS and perpetual software licensing contracts
- Providing commercial and legal advice within a business environment
- Partnering with sales account executives and sales operations teams
- Working in the software industry or other technology sector
- Innovation: the desire to drive continuous improvement
- Being responsive to changing business needs, processes and external markets
- Attention to detail with a rigorous approach to quality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritise workload effectively to deliver on time
- Research skills
- Ability to provide legal advice that effectively balances business needs and risk
- Clear, concise verbal communication skills
- Teamwork ethic and commercial focus
- Fluency in English and French
WHY SYMPHONY RETAILAI?
- Start-up spirit within a large international company
- Exciting technology including Artificial Intelligence
- Communication, Innovation and Collaboration are among our watchwords
- We will support and explore your ideas: if you can do it better, we want you to show us!
- Our teams comprise incredibly talented and passionate people who love what they do
- We will support your career growth and development
- Generous benefits including flexible working, private healthcare, company contribution to pension, fitness reimbursement scheme, social and charity activities, generous holiday entitlement and... your birthday off!
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- Location – UK or France
- Home based (UK) or office/flexible working options (France)
- Attractive annual salary and bonus