This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Financial Services Fintech that specialise within the payments space, with plans to use the technology in wider financial activities moving forwards. Our client is looking for someone with good experience of working on regulatory projects and wants to be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company.
A Payments Fintech are accelerating their growth with many exciting but complex projects. The Control Manager will support the CEO and acting COO/Head of Compliance in establishing detailed project plans, operational calendars, and regulatory agendas.
Key activities will be to ensure robust plans are in place, co-ordinate enterprise-wide activities, and monitor delivery. The Control Manager will also be integral to the AML and Compliance framework, establishing operational procedures that support corporate policies and business strategy.
This is an exciting role that covers a number of critical aspects that will underpin the success of the firm, including Project, Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime management. The successful candidate will be central to all business activities.
- Develop detailed project plans across all enterprise-wide strategic programmes, including international regulatory license applications, 3rd party on-boarding, and Supplier Management.
- Establish detailed action plans for each member of the senior management team.
- Track and monitor delivery, and report progress at Senior Management meetings.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Support Executives with prioritisation and resource assignment to ensure timely delivery of enterprise-wide strategic programmes.
- Manage completion of Corporate Risk Registers, ensure mitigating controls are appropriately implemented, and support line management in the identification and assessment of operational risks.
- Develop on operational calendar, identifying all recurring activities across key control functions - Finance, Compliance and Financial Crime. Track and monitor delivery.
- Operationalise all Compliance and AML policies and embed relevant procedures.
- Support Head of Compliance to raise and successfully submit regulatory licenses applications in multi-jurisdictions.
- Support MLRO in establishing appropriate AML controls and embedding a proactive KYC/KYB culture that appropriately manages client on-boarding considering risks on a case by case basis.
- Work with the Head of Compliance and external advisors, and develop and manage a Compliance Monitoring programme.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to drill down to identify all tasks and dependables.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills; you will need to quickly understand complex projects and support senior management with establishing delivery plans.
- Excellent stakeholder management skill, and the ablility to challenge and hold mangers to account.
- Good understanding of financial services, in particular payment services and e-money products.
- Keenness to develop, learn and grow with an ambitious forward-looking business.
- Awareness of control environment, risk management, and regulatory frameworks.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles he is handling please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. email@example.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com