Gherson Solicitors is currently seeking to recruit a Civil Litigation Solicitor of about 4-6 years PQE to join our Dispute Resolution Team.
The ideal candidate will have an experience in the following;
- Over 2 year’s experience in civil litigation in a similar environment and 4-6 years PQE or equivalent.
- Ability to work to deadlines/targets, prioritise and manage a caseload and deliver effective solutions.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own initiative with a positive attitude.
- A commercial, solution-driven, and client-focused approach.
- A strong experience of complex case management.
- Previous experience of supervision
- Demonstrable experience of providing training and ongoing expert legal support to junior members of the team
- Strong legal and analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills and effective use of Case Management and Time Recording Systems.
- Multi-track experience is preferable. Fast Track Litigation experience is a must .
- Professional and effective communication with individual and business contacts, with opponents, experts and with the court.
- Arbitration experience is desirable.
- The ideal applicant will be used to dealing with a range of matters, including commercia disputes; civil fraud matters; and cross-border disputes.
- Experience managing the legal casework of others, including dealing with urgent work.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
The candidate must have an excellent (and demonstrable ) drafting ability as well as a true commitment to achieving the very best outcome in some of the most difficult circumstances.
At Gherson, we value bright, eloquent and highly driven individuals. If you thrive on being busy and can adapt well to new challenges, then we'll give you all the training and support you'll need to help you succeed in this enriching role.
Started by Roger Gherson in 1988, Gherson is an award-winning immigration solicitor in London, specialising in UK immigration, nationality, extradition and human rights law.
Gherson offers services that cover the full spectrum of UK immigration categories, including but not limited to advice on the UK visit visas and the Points-Based as well as Innovator, Start-up, spouse, fiancé, cohabitating partners applications and immigration appeals. Gherson also specialises in complex human rights and asylum claims (private only) and defending extradition request, applications to the European Court of Human Rights and applications for annulment at the General Court of the EU in respect sanctions imposed by the Council of the EU.
With over 30 years of experience, Gherson's expertise extends from meeting the migration needs of international business people and UK-based companies to litigation in all UK jurisdictions and the European Court of Human Rights and the European Court of Justice.
Gherson is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.