Corporate Governance – 4-5 PQE – Central London
Our client, a very well established, well regarded, full-service law firm, is looking to add to its numbers with the appointment of a mid-level Corporate Governance Solicitor.
Based in Central London, the firm provide a full spectrum of legal services with clients ranging from some of the world’s largest multinational corporations to private individuals. They also act for a significant number of charities, Registered Providers and Regulators. Almost 200 years of history has shaped our client to one of the UK’s leading full-service law firms.
The Team and opportunity
This is an exciting role at the cutting edge of governance and regulation in a predominantly not for profit environment. Clients include housing associations and a mix of “not for profit” and “for profit” institutions, based across England and Wales which range in size from a few hundred homes to over 150,000.
Many of the larger developing clients are experiencing strategic challenges with fire safety and decarbonisation; and as ever the views and policies of Government evolve.
We would like to hear from either a solicitor with at least three years’ PQE or a Company Secretary with a legal background and a similar level of experience in the relevant sector.
The ideal applicant for this role will either have an existing knowledge and empathy with the work of our housing association clients, their boards and senior executives or be able to demonstrate the skills which will enable us to understand how they will do so. They will also be able to work well with the relevant regulators, stakeholders and consultancies operating in the sector.
Examples of the work to be undertaken include, but is not limited to:
- Mergers and Restructures – advising and project managing projects from HoTs through to post- completion formalities
- Constitutional Changes – updating rules and articles for housing associations to meet client needs/objectives and reflect industry standards
- Advising on intra group documentation including intra group agreements, service level agreements, cost sharing agreements and intragroup loans
- Registering new registered providers with the Regulator of Social Housing
- Advising clients on their corporate structures
- Liaising with regulators and registrars including: the Financial Conduct Authority, the Regulator of Social Housing, Companies House, the Charity Commission, HMRC and Homes England
You will have a strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level; experience of running your own files. You will also be commercially aware, proactive and able to convey clear and concise information to clients and external organisations. A high attention to detail to produce work / documentation which is consistently of a high standard is also essential as is a willingness to attend meetings across the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Top Tier firm in Central London. For more information, please call Marc Jones on 07545 641 832. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org