A progressive and award-winning regional law firm are looking for a Childcare Solicitor to join them in their Blackburn office.
In this role you will cover all aspects of Child Care work including all Legal Aid/CCMS procedures, Care Orders, Supervision Orders, Protection Orders, Special Guardianship Orders, Placement Orders, Adoption Orders, Pre Proceedings Meetings, Child protection case Conferences, Child protection review Conferences, defending allegations of injury, abuse or neglect.
The firm are passionate about helping their employees to reach their full potential and as a result, you will have access to a variety of training and growth opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity if you are keen to progress your career and develop your skillset.
Childcare Solicitor- Blackburn
The company & role
- A forward-thinking, Top 200, multi-service firm with a solid reputation with offices in Manchester & Blackburn.
- You will attend Pre-Proceedings Meetings, Advocates meetings, conferences and Court. Advocacy will be undertaken in-house and where this is not possible and cannot be undertaken by another team member, will Counsel be instructed
- The firm has a down-to-earth team culture and really invest in the development of their lawyers’
- Commutable from: Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, Chorley, Bolton and Rochdale
Added extras and benefits
- 25 days annual leave + Birthday Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Medicash Benefits Package
- Subsidised Parking
- Flexible Working Hours/ Working from home available
- Rewarded for efforts with a healthy bonus.
- Encouragement of internal progression
- Encourage internal and external training.
The ideal candidate
- A Childcare Solicitor with 7+ years’ PQE
- Registered with the Law Society and Children Panel Membership is essential
- Working knowledge of the publicly funded Child Care work
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Child Care work related work and some expertise on adoption matters
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Familiar with CCMS to deal with own applications
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
- Will be committed to providing a high level of customer service
How to apply for this Childcare Solicitor role
If this sounds like the job for you, you can apply via this website by clicking ‘Apply’ above.
Alternatively, to learn more about this opportunity or to register your interest, contact Michaela on 03300 245 606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michaela is a Junior Consultant at Realm and specialises in the recruitment of family lawyers in Merseyside and Lancashire. Working with family teams in Liverpool, Southport, Preston and The Wirral, she recruits for family law roles at all levels, from paralegal to partner. If you’re a family solicitor looking to make a move, Michaela can help you take your next step.
Know someone else who might be suitable? If so, get in touch – if we find your referral a job, we’ll reward you with up to £500 in vouchers of your choice. Find out more here.
Please note: any references to salary and/or experience in our adverts are intended as a guide only.
Realm is committed to supporting disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. Applicants are invited to contact Realm to identify any additional support they might require to enable them to make an application.