Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive job in Criminal Motor Defence with leading law firm - Bristol
Your new firm
Our client is a leading and international law firm, having received numerous awards, with over 2,500 employees. They are currently looking for a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to join their Criminal Motor Defence team, based in Bristol . This is an excellent opportunity to join a recognised market leader in the criminal representation of drivers involved in serious motoring offences ; clients range from professional drivers to individual motorists.
Your new role
Working within this leading team, you will interact with a range of clients on a daily basis and will handle a range of cases including Inquest cases related to fatal road traffic collisions and indictable/either way and summary offence cases . Other duties will include:
- Provide legal representation to drivers at police station interviews for offences of causing death by dangerous/careless driving
- Attending police interviews, briefing counsel, reporting to insurer clients, interviewing witnesses, and drafting witness statements
- Responsible for financial management of own caseload
- Handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols
- Act as a point of contact for clients
- Exercise full compliance on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Build effective internal and external network
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate must be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive, with experience in criminal litigation or legal aid . You will ideally be police station accredited and h av e experience in personal injury and/or representing drivers charged with road traffic offences . You should have a willingness to work out of hours where required to attend police stations, as well as excellent communication skills and an ability to deal appropriately and sensitively with drivers involved in fatal road traffic accidents.
What you'll get in return
This is a wonderful opportunity to further develop your legal career within a leading and award-winning law firm. with potential to progress in the future. You will also receive a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (as well as bank holidays), pension, private medical insurance, and a range of other benefits.
What you need to do now
Please contact Rachel Trew at Hays Legal for further information on this opportunity.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.