Litigation Lawyer (7159)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Litigation Lawyer to join our newly established Inhouse Legal Services team based in London on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing, monitoring and managing litigation cases (including providing representation at court), focussing on housing management litigation and disrepair. You’ll also provide legal advice and representation (including advocacy) in litigation matters including: ASB injunction applications, disrepair claims, claims for possession, Leasehold Management, service charge disputes and debt recovery.
We are currently trialling hybrid working, which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Specific days to be agreed during the on-boarding process.
You’ll not only be a knowledgeable housing litigation specialist, but you’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in all types of housing litigation, including ASB cases, claims for possession, disrepair claims, Leasehold
- Management, service charge disputes and debt recovery.
- Experience of advocacy in courts and tribunals.
- Ability to present information in a variety of forms to a high standard, including excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister (qualified to practice in England)
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.