Property & Contracts Paralegal (7163)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Property and Contracts Paralegal to join our newly established Inhouse Legal Services team based in London on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Property Lawyers during complex cases. Drafting and processing standard contracts. You’ll provide advice on property and contract related matters. You’ll assist in developing the in-house legal provision to meet the needs of Guinness.
We are currently trialling hybrid working, which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Specific days to be agreed during the on-boarding process.
You’ll not only be a knowledgeable property paralegal, but you’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Assist in the development of and implementing processes and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective provision of conveyancing services across Guinness.
- Comply with approved processes and procedures, including maintaining data records and registers as required by the Senior Lawyer.
- Assist in the provision of training to staff across Guinness on property and contract matters to develop skills and knowledge.
- Keep abreast of the Constitutional, Legal and Regulatory framework within which Housing Associations operate and ensuring that knowledge is disseminated to encourage a knowledgeable and compliance focused culture.
- Support other members of the Legal Team including the Legal Support Officers and other Paralegals.
- Law Degree/Legal Practice Course/CILEx Level 3
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.