Our clients Risk Team consists of the firm’s in-house counsel team headed by the General Counsel working with lawyers and other colleagues around the business to develop and implement effective policies and procedures and ensure compliance with new legislative and regulatory requirements.
The Risk Team also manages the firm’s insurance, claims and in-house legal matters, and oversees other issues affecting the firm’s risk profile and reputation. The firms Risk Team is successfully creating a robust framework for managing risk across all parts of their business, which continues to expand internationally.
As part of the firms Legal and Regulatory Compliance Team within Risk, this role will involve assisting the team in the development and roll-out of risk and compliance initiatives across all the firms offices, as well as assisting on a wide range of day-to-day risk and compliance related matters that arise across the firm.
- Working closely with senior In-House Counsel in the Legal and Regulatory Compliance team of Risk to advise the firm at a strategic level on various risk and compliance issues
- Horizon scanning legal and regulatory changes that impact the firm and working with senior In-House Counsel to develop and implement compliance programmes to address them e.g. DAC6, Modern Slavery
- Assisting the firm in its intended growth plans to open new offices in other jurisdictions.
- Working with colleagues on projects to manage risk across the firm’s network of offices e.g. Brexit
- Actively participating in International Operations Team (“IO”) initiatives to ensure the needs of the business are met and address any risk and compliance issues (e.g. a review of the firm’s client money strategy, or review of the firm’s arrivals and departures process)
- Responding to enquiries from clients and other third parties on various risk and compliance issues
- Advising the firm on various governance and ethical issues, including SRA compliance
- Investigating and responding to conduct complaints against the firm or individuals at the firm
- Liaising with regulatory bodies as necessary on behalf of the firm including reporting misconduct to the SRA
- Researching and advising on local law and local regulatory requirements in respect of the firm’s network of offices
- Contributing to the ongoing development and roll-out of the firm’s mandatory risk training programme
- Reviewing/updating the firm’s policies and facilitating the development of new policies and guidance notes where necessary, including the internationalisation of UK focused policies
- Working with other members of the Risk and Compliance team and wider business as required to support in the delivery of the firm’s objectives
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a risk and compliance environment, with experience of undertaking international projects, and familiarity with international governance structures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to deliver sensitive messages tactfully when required
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, and experience of budget ownership
- Excellent level of IT and systems literacy
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Enjoys working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Adopts a pragmatic and innovative approach to meeting client needs
- Demonstrates commercial awareness when providing technical advice
- A passion for risk and compliance matters
- Proven ability to think independently, contribute to projects and confidently engage with and influence colleagues at all levels
- Impressive attention to detail
- A strong team player, but also the ability where required to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way
- A lively, energetic personality and enthusiasm for providing excellent client service
- A tenacious yet practical approach to problem solving
- Excited and challenged by the pace and demands of a corporate environment
- High degree of commercial awareness, with the ability to contribute to the wider business agenda
- A range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the organisation
- A high degree of flexibility and responsiveness in approach to work
- Service-orientated with an ability to understand the varied issues facing the offices across the firm’s network and provide possible solutions to challenges
- Resilient under pressure and willing to work with the challenges brought by change
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is highly competitive, negotiable and dependent upon your level of experience.
- Excellent Benefits package, including flexible home working policy
- Friendly, dynamic and modern working culture with strong support
- High quality work
This is a standout opportunity for an in house lawyer to join a high-quality law firm
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to give Karen Jones a call at TSR Legal on 02920 388100 or direct by email to email@example.com in confidence.