Our client is one of the leading Power station operators in the UK with assets across multiple locations. Their total portfolio can generate over 2.5 GW of power, enough to power around 3 million homes. They are committed to being part of the UK's pathway to Net Zero. Their efficient and flexible generation portfolio will complement an increased use of renewables as part of the energy mix. This will ensure security of supply to the power grid and help reduce the UK's industrial emissions. Key assets in their portfolio are also deploying CO2 abatement programs to reduce their emissions.
Based in London, the Compliance Officer will have responsibility for:
- Supporting and providing advice to businesses on compliance matters.
- Understanding systems within business (both at Plant and within Commercial teams) and developing appropriate REMIT and Corporate Compliance control framework.
- Liaising with Compliance of firm's main shareholder (global energy trading business) function to ensure consistency of approach towards Compliance matters.
- Ensuring regular testing, review, and update of policies, systems and controls when required.
- Developing and delivering training on REMIT and Group policies as required.
- Advising on compliance implications when the firm is looking at new business areas (e.g. purchase of assets or use of new technology).
- Managing relationships with authorities, regulators, and exchanges.
- Advocacy with law makers and regulators.
- Representing the firm at internal and external working groups (e.g. EFET).
- Supporting the (Global energy Trading shareholder) Trade Surveillance Analyst in following up and closing out cases flagged through the communications or transactions monitoring process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years' experience in a Compliance role.
- Knowledge and understanding of Energy markets and UK REMIT experience preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient, and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles he is handling please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com