*** Dispute Resolution Solicitor - Hertfordshire ***
A prestigious and progressive firm of specialist solicitors renowned for its professional yet personal service that has been advising businesses and individuals in Hertfordshire and across the country.
All the solicitors and fee earners are specialists in their respective areas of law acting for a wide range of commercial, private and public sector clients.
They are ranked in the legal directories Chambers UK and The Legal 500 and hold many accreditations including Lexcel, Customer Service Excellence, Cyber Essentials+.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the more senior lawyers in the team as well as for the successful candidate to build and manage a case load of mid-value County Court claims of their own, to develop relationships with new clients and to be actively involved in business development. The successful candidate will work alongside the dispute resolution partners, senior solicitor, paralegal and team secretary. The appointment will be between 1-5 years PQE level with generalist dispute resolution experience.
This role is a dispute resolution specialist role spanning all contentious aspects of commercial litigation and some civil litigation (but not personal injury or landlord and tenant).
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A qualified and practising solicitor or legal executive with 1-5 years PQE in commercial litigation. Non-qualified paralegals with exceptional equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Some knowledge and practical experience of general civil and commercial dispute resolution work (other than personal injury, which this firm does not do, and landlord and tenant work, which another team does but which is not part of this role) in the County Court is required. An enthusiasm for contentious work is essential.
- Experience of and a real interest in business development is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to develop a relationship of trust
- Ability to draft letters to a high standard and with attention to detail.
- The ability to produce simple court notices such as claim forms, draft directions, disclosure notices, costs schedules, and witness statements.
- Appear in simple county court matters such as case management conferences and small claims track trials without assistance of counsel.
- Meet with clients without supervision to take instructions and advise on smaller matters.
- Take part in a team executing search orders.
- Present seminars and workshops on topics within your area of practice to existing and prospective clients
- Ability to meet and exceed time recording and financial targets.
- Participate in the firm’s internal meetings as appropriate.
- Commercially minded.
- Ability to deal with a large volume of work, managing conflicting priorities whilst ensuring that every job is handled with the highest levels of accuracy and care.
- Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
About the person
- A team player who is looking for a long-term future with a progressive, well regarded firm.
- Driving licence and access to own car.
- Willing to work long hours on occasion and when necessary.
On offer is a competitive salary, flexible homeworking, annual bonus, private healthcare, pension, holiday and additional holiday days, wellness payments and allocated parking.