*** Property Litigation Solicitor 2+ PQE ***
A prestigious and progressive firm of specialist solicitors renowned for its professional yet personal service that has been advising businesses and individuals in Hertfordshire and across the country.
All our solicitors and fee earners are specialists in their respective areas of law acting for a wide range of commercial, private and public sector clients.
They are ranked in the legal directories Chambers UK and The Legal 500 and hold many accreditations including Lexcel, Customer Service Excellence, Cyber Essentials+.
Typical work will involve giving advice to landlords, tenants, management companies, managing agents and property owners, and dealing with breach of covenant claims, landlord and tenant disputes, co-ownership disputes, business lease renewals, Land Registry disputes, possession claims, easement and boundary disputes, and (if experienced in these areas) lease extensions and enfranchisement.
You will have an immediate caseload of mainly County Court and First-tier Tribunal work for which you will take primary responsibility.
Skills, experience and qualifications
You will need to have a good understanding of property law and some experience of dealing with the type of work which the role entails.
On a day-today basis you will be required to:
- Provide sound advice to management companies, landlords, tenants and other clients by letter or e-mail in simple language that can be easily understood
- Meet on your own with clients for the purpose of taking instructions and giving advice
- Write persuasive letters to opponents
- Produce statements of case, witness statements and court notices with the need to rely on counsel only in cases of genuine complexity
- Attend court with counsel as appropriate
- When appropriate, appear in simple County Court and First-tier Tribunal matters without assistance of counsel e.g. possession claims
- Participate in team meetings and the firm’s other internal meetings
- Promote the firm generally and develop the practice area via regular marketing activities including attending regular networking events and writing articles, blogs and use of social media
- Present seminars and workshops on topics within your area of practice to existing and prospective clients
About the person
- 2+ years PQE
- Good experience of property litigation work whether as a specialist or as part of a general litigation practice
- Commercially minded
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Able to demonstrate empathy and understanding of client needs
- Able to build your own client following
- Willing to work long hours when the circumstances require it
- Sense of humour
- Driving licence with access to own car
On offer is a competitive salary, flexible homeworking, annual bonus, private healthcare, pension, holiday and additional holiday days, wellness payments and allocated parking.