Job ID 69669-en_US Location Remote Working, Nationwide
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
CommScope is looking to add a qualified Attorney to support CommScope’s business in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa regions.
Under the direction of CommScope’s EMEA Managing Corporate Counsel this position will provide legal counsel, advice, and guidance for the Company’s commercial operations primarily in the southern and western European regions. The position can be based near any of CommScope’s significant offices in Europe namely Ireland, the United Kingdom, Madrid, Spain or Brussels, Belgium. with the potential for hybrid or fully remote work per CommScope policies.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World. As an attorney for CommScope, we will look to you to provide support for various legal matters arising across the region, which will focus primarily on commercial, but room to support other areas such as legal compliance (encompassing anticorruption, competition, trade, privacy and other applicable law), labour and employment, corporate secretarial, environmental, real estate, and other general legal matters. You will be an effective business partner advising key stakeholders on contracting with customers, suppliers and other third parties, including drafting, review, and analysis of contractual terms.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Qualified lawyer in at least one jurisdiction (UK/Europe) with at least 3 years' post-qualification experience.
- Fluent English and the ability to work in at least 2 other European languages is a pre-requisite for this role (French and Italian preferred).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years' relevant experience within an Inhouse legal environment and/or a law firm.
- Experience with international contracts and employment issues within both civil law and common law jurisdictions.
- Previous In-house experience.
- Strong team player with collegiate approach, ready to assist other legal colleagues and business areas.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently on competing priorities with limited supervision required.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Ability to work effectively with and manage outside legal counsel.
You Will Excite Us If:
- You are curious.
- You like a challenge.
- Enjoy working with a wide variety of people.
We are committed to supporting our customers and our employees and challenge ourselves to succeed with new ways of working. Staying connected is a meaningful part of our culture, so our Flex@Work program is a phenomenal enabler. It provides you with the opportunity to do your best work at a location that is conducive to success for both you and the business. Ask about this program and visit https://careers.commscope.com/flexatwork to learn more.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables groundbreaking discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fibre, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.