Role: Housing Law Director
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated and experienced Director for highly sought permanent positon.
Salary: Competitive. Accountability within a remote working culture is the norm within this business.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Housing Department Background:
Our client’s Housing team, ranked by The Legal 500 directory for its services across England and Wales, provides assistance to both landlords and tenants on all housing issues. Their practitioners are highly experienced in finding solutions to housing disputes and aim to address the issues quickly and effectively. Our client offers lawyer supported dispute resolution or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as a means to resolve housing disrepair matters. Their department also regularly represents clients in the courts for unlawful eviction, possession proceedings and prepare applications for judicial review in cases of homelessness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to and collaborating with the Board to ensure performance targets are met
- Responsible for all aspects of Housing work including providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department
- Variety of duties including dealing with a range of Housing cases including Homelessness; Disrepair; Eviction; Possession; Property Ownership Disputes; Succession for Tenants; Housing adaptations; Social Housing; Neighbourhood Problems matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy
- Dealing with emergency cases and identifying and carrying out strategic litigation.
- Preparing and managing funding applications to the Legal Aid Agency,
- Preparing draft documents including witness statements and processing evidence
- Attending conferences and court including under Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme
- You will have a professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required
- 3 Years+ PQE with proven experience of Housing and Litigation, including court representation essential
- Ideally have experience in Duty Advisor under Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme
- Must meet the standard in Housing, or willing to work towards this
- Experience in welfare rights and community care issues is an advantage
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities involved in Housing issues
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Housing work including legal representation and legal help and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Housing related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
- 25 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- 4 days paid sick leave*
- Five day holiday roll over if not used
- Full medical insurance with BUPA or similar provider
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/working from home considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If this sounds of interest apply now for one of our agents to contact you.