Excellent opportunities have arisen with a professionally managed practice. This firm enjoys an enviable reputation in the niche area of Court of Protection having acted on Deputy/COP, Local Authority and Family/carer instructions for many years.
In this role, you will be involved in an interesting range of files managing the affairs of those who have lost capacity due to brain injuries, mental health, dementia and other degenerative diseases.
Typical instructions include:
• Applications to the Court of Protection to become a deputy
• Employment and management of carers
• Investment and fund management
• Management of day-to-day finances including payments, insurance policies and care costs
• Completion of an annual reports, accounts and tax returns
• Purchase and adaptation of a home for the incapacitated person
• Making of specialist will (statutory will) for an incapacitated person
Due to succession planning, there are unrivalled prospects for experienced and ambitious Grade A/B Court of Protection specialists who are looking to play a pivotal and lead role in their future career development.
Based in Greater Manchester, and also offering flexibility, the offices are easily commutable from Cheshire, Greater Manchester and South Lancashire locations.
Actis Legal specialises in the North West legal market and with such a detailed knowledge of the region, we are able to provide tailored and bespoke advice to individuals we act for and identify suitable career moves. All enquiries treated in the strictest of confidence.
** Please note that references to post qualification experience (PQE) are given as a guideline to the competences required for technical, client and case management skills, as well as budgeted salary for the role. We encourage you to apply for any job for which you feel you are a suitable candidate.