*** Conveyancing Solicitors - London, Hertfordshire or Northampton ***
Hybrid working available
Conveyancing qualified fee earner, 2 – 20+ YPQE
This role is specialising in residential property transactions, with knowledge of new builds and plot developments being an advantage but not necessary.
Our client is a rapidly growing firm determined to recruit the best legal talent in the UK. They offer fair and competitive salaries, have excellent training and progression opportunities and because of this have outstanding staff retention.
The firm ensure that every solicitor works within a team of two or three to guarantee they have the best access to the legal support staff that the firm has in place. Alongside this, they use cutting edge systems which have streamlined processes making transactions as efficient and accurate as possible.
Some of the duties within this role may include but are not limited to:
- Research information and communicate with clients and others in person, on the phone, by letter or by email
- Use a computerised case management system, as conveyancing tasks are increasingly being completed online
- Take instructions from clients
- Seek to protect clients' interests always, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering
- Send terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements
- Obtain or check Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
- Draft or check sales contracts and agree terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction
- Collate and send or check supporting legal and financial documents
- Deal with all financial aspects of a transaction
- Exchange contracts and complete the transaction
- If the property is leasehold, obtain the landlord's agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and deal with apportionments of rent and service charges.
Hybrid working is on offer for this position as well as fully remote for the right candidates.