We've been instructed by an independent Australian law firm to help them attract not just Australian lawyers looking to return home, but also lawyers from anywhere else who might want to call Australia home: England, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, South Africa.
The firm operates from five cities around the country. It's full service, and competes with better known firms at the top of the market for work, talent, and on salaries (their salaries are pegged to the very top tier). During the past few years they've made some headline hires from larger firms, and are really making a name for themselves at the top end of the Australian legal market.
The firm doesn't have the same brand recognition (yet) as some of its larger competitors, but if you join them, you'll be exposed to the same high quality of work, with the same salary, in a more meaningful role, and with a genuine work/life balance. There are also realistic career prospects if you choose to stay and aspire to Partnership in the medium term.
The firm is interested in candidates with experience in any of the following areas:
- Corporate (across the spectrum, from M&A, to ECM, DCM, Venture Capital, Private Equity);
- Banking & Finance of all sorts;
- Dispute resolution (particularly litigators with regulatory or competition experience);
- Energy & Resources;
- ICT; or
- Intellectual Property.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- A strong academic background;
- Training and between 2 and 5 years' post-qualification experience in one of the above areas;
- Probably gained high quality foundational training and experience at a good quality firm in the UK, Ireland, South Africa, or New Zealand;
- Developed strong legal, analytical and transaction management and execution skills;
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills;
- A proactive and confident attitude with a high level of initiative; and, most importantly
- A desire to call Australia home.
An excellent salary and benefits offering, generous relocation package, high quality work, and genuine long term career prospects await successful applicants.
Get in touch to discuss your future. Either call David on +44(0)7860774391 or email email@example.com
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com