Legal Counsel Salary:
Up to £70k Location:
Manchester Flexibility: THIS POSITION CAN BE FULLY REMOTE
Douglas Scott are working with an exciting business in the energy sector, undergoing a significant growth period, who are looking to recruit a new Legal Counsel for their team in the North West. Reporting into the Head of Legal and working as part of a small team, you’ll get plenty of exposure to some interesting and varied work but will be required to hit the ground running in the role.
The legal team acts as a business partner to all the other departments, working on various construction/engineering/energy projects, providing sound commercial legal advice and ensuring project delivery can be achieved across the board.
As the successful Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Draft and negotiate a range of complex commercial/construction/energy/infrastructure agreements (supply, installation, service, maintenance and purchasing agreements).
- Ad hoc advice in respect of other agreements related to the business' activities, e.g. lease agreements, technology agreements, acquistions etc.
- Preparing and updating standard forms and templates, alongside providing legal training to various internal stakeholders.
- Managing wider ad-hoc legal matters, including Corporate and Company Secretarial Work.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- You’ll be a qualified solicitor, with circa 3+ years PQE and a demonstrable background in Construction/Energy/Infrastructure/Projects law.
- Experience both dealing with day to day legal work but also managing external counsel as and when required.
- An understanding of the energy sector and the day to day work of a lawyer within this environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced, growing business, working on some exciting projects and working with multi-disciplinary teams in the process. If you’d like to apply for the position, please send over an updated CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively, If you don’t have an updated CV ready but would still like to find out more, please send an introductory email and we can arrange to speak.