Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager
Up to £80,000 DOE
Delighted to be working with a world-renowned, BioTech business based in Oxfordshire, to find a Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager to take on an array of Commercial responsibilities within their legal team. You’ll be taking on a broad range of Commercial Contracts work throughout the business, whilst reporting directly into the Head of Legal Commercial to help support the business' global operations/functions. Based in modern offices In Oxfordshire, the successful Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager will be given a broad range of responsibility and will be expected to be able to competently liaise with different departments throughout the business (Compliance/Data Protection etc.)
My client is looking for a Commercial Lawyer/Specialist (Qual or Non-Qual) who has solid commercial contracts skills, has the ability to draft/negotiate contracts accurately and independently, and can work as part of a team with good interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to immerse themselves within an experienced and dynamic legal team, whilst working for a business who have a strong international presence in the BioTech sector, and are expanding at a rapid rate.
Duties and responsibilities of the Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager:
- Support on all matters of contracts, commercial and IP law: including negotiating, drafting and reviewing all kinds of commercial agreements such as service agreements, license agreements, collaborations, confidentiality and consultancy agreements - as well as representing the company in corresponding negotiations
- Prepare and review contract specimen, standard templates, and approval processes
- Provide legal advice and support for interdisciplinary projects
- Collaborate with the company HQ and with other international commercial teams on legal and compliance-related matters
- A good understanding and experience of managing commercial contracts is required, as is an understanding and experience of either the BioTech, Pharma, Life Sciences, Research, Healthcare or Nanotech sectors
The business are offering a competitive salary, 3 days WFH & 2 from the office, 25 days holiday (rising by 1 day each year), flexible working hours, holiday pay, dental insurance, private healthcare, up to 7.5% matched pension and a discretionary bonus.
If you are a Legal Counsel/Contracts Manager based in the South East please don’t hesitate to get in touch.