- Discretionary colleague bonus twice yearly
- Pension contribution of up to 12% of salary
- Colleague discount across our family of businesses
- Provide advice and support on procurement and contracts
- Draft and negotiate agreements with suppliers and customers [and business partners]
- Work closely with the rest of the organisation to provide commercial legal advice
- Provide advice on Company Law
- Assist with project management
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases for the Society's extensive property portfolio, using our existing bank of precedent leases, and helping to create new precedents when required.
- Lease renewals, including serving section 25 notices and dealing with extensions of time.
- Landlord and tenant matters, including Licences to Assign, Licences for Alterations etc.
- Acquisitions of land and buildings
- Disposals of commercial and residential property
- Construction - preparing Appointments and Warranties for professional team for construction projects, using existing templates.
- Working closely with our Property Team of in-house surveyors and advising them on legal issues when required, such as boundaries, and landlord and tenant issues (both commercial and residential).
- To work as a member of the team to ensure that requests are dealt with in a timely manner and that advice is accurate and appropriate, so that in-house Legal team is seen as an asset to the business.
- Working with the business to strengthen the visibility of the in-house Legal team by being approachable, commercially minded, and striving to identify solutions.
- To provide demonstrable support for the Society's strategy and organisational purpose.
- Role model the Society's values and behaviours.
- Other legal queries - being a first point of contact for colleagues on any legal issues and directing them to external solicitors when required.
- Working with external firms of solicitors when required including instructing them and liaising throughout the transaction.
- Build and sustain relationships with Legal. Property and Business Managers.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years plus POE in Commercial Property work
- Good knowledge of competition law would be beneficial
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, focussed and can handle a caseload with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative, with a strong ability to collaborate with those who are not specialists in this area.
- Able to build strong relationships.
- Able to be pragmatic with the ability to balance legal risk with operational effectiveness.