We are working with a leading international law firm who rank highly in numerous categories of Legal500 for their outstanding services.
A total of 100 of their lawyers have been singled out for their individual recognition. This firm exists to help clients and colleagues succeed and their history stretches back over two and a half centuries. They are renowned not just for their exceptional quality of the work, but for the different way they do things.
They innovate and celebrate diverse perspectives, push themselves and build meaningful relationships, they don’t just work cases.
They embrace flexibility and were offering remote working pre-pandemic. The pandemic only served as a catalyst for further agility.
The firm are looking for a wordings/coverage solicitor/associate in London. This person will have access and exposure to working collaboratively with a variety of teams.
Due to the mixed nature of the role this opportunity can be tailored to the individual, with emphasis in either the contentious or non-contentious aspect as dictated by the experience and preference of the successful candidate. Some experience in wordings or coverage, in a contentious or non-contentious context, is essential, but full training will be provided to allow you to fulfil both aspects of the role if your existing experience is primarily focused on one area.
The firm are open minded about qualification level of the candidates; they are most interested in what you think you can bring to the role and the team, and whether they are the right fit for you.
As part of the team you will:
- Have the opportunity to advise clients directly on drafting insurance and reinsurance wordings across all business types. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with our award-winning Cyber team to draft wordings in this rapidly growing area;
- Advise clients on current market issues, such as Covid exclusions, and Brexit, at the forefront of the latest industry challenges;
- Provide solutions for international insurance and reinsurance programmes, developing your own client networks and relationships to the benefit of both you and the firm;
- Have the opportunity to manage your own litigation caseload and/or support colleagues on larger complex cases, increasing your exposure to different ways of working;
- Devise technically sound, commercial strategies for complex cases.
There are a range of benefits in addition to the standard benefits and an extremely competitive salary.