We are working with a leading international law firm who rank highly in numerous categories of Legal500 for their outstanding services.
A total of 100 of their lawyers have been singled out for their individual recognition. This firm exists to help clients and colleagues succeed and their history stretches back over two and a half centuries. They are renowned not just for their exceptional quality of the work, but for the different way they do things.
They innovate and celebrate diverse perspectives, push themselves and build meaningful relationships, they don’t just work cases.
They embrace flexibility and were offering this pre-pandemic. The pandemic only served as a catalyst for further agility.
The firm are looking for a Corporate/Commercial Solicitor/Associate (Insurance) looking for a new challenge. Their Insurance Advisory team delivers market leading, industry specific commercial law advice and as a result of the continued growth of their practice, they have identified a need for a new senior team member (3PQE+) to help meet client demand.
The successful applicant will have a solid background in advising on non-contentious insurance matters and be looking to take the next step in their career development.
The workload is expected to consist of:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements within the UK and international insurance sector, such as distribution agreements, claims handling agreements, TPA agreements, outsourcing agreements and procurement agreements
- Advising on related regulatory issues, such compliance with ICOBS, CASS rules, product governance rules, perimeter guidance and data protection
- Advising on reinsurance arrangements
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A solicitor with 3+ years post qualification experience gained within a national or international law firm with significant insurance sector experience. In-house experience will equally be considered
- Solid technical ability, particularly with drafting distribution and other commercial agreements and advising on related issues, such as compliance with regulation or data protection
- Experience of M&A transactional work would be an advantage
- Desire to help maintain existing and grow new client relationships
Whilst the firm are flexible on location, the ideal candidate would be located in London, Bristol or Manchester. There are a range of benefits in addition to the standard benefits and an extremely competitive salary.