In-House Commercial Counsel l 5+ years PQE l Oxford/Remote
This global organisation has been in operation for more than 20 years and recently underwent a merger to create world-leading solutions for companies and organisations that are looking to meet ambitious climate goals.
They deliver high-quality solutions for reducing emissions to meet carbon credits by generating renewable energy, building resilience in supply chains, conserving and restoring forests and biodiversity, and improving health and livelihoods.
They help their clients to manage and mitigate their environmental impacts including greenhouse gas emissions assessments, carbon and renewable energy credit procurement, water and forest creation certificates, the assurance of impeccable quality guarantees, tailoring of environmental finance programs to meet specific client requirements and support in the form of stakeholder engagement programs.
This is an opportunity for an In-House Commercial Counsel 5+ years PQE with a strong commercial background to join a global company operating at the forefront of the carbon trading market.
In this role, you will:
- draft and negotiate a wide variety of sales, purchases, development and other commercial agreements with a specific focus on environmental attributes
- coordinate with multiple departments in sales, business development, portfolio management and project development to provide a broad range of legal and commercial transactional support
- be involved in the execution of transactional work in both domestic and international markets
- communicate business and legal risk analysis to colleagues, General Counsel and executive management
- assist General Counsel with global expansion efforts and foreign subsidiary management
- work flexible hours to accommodate working in a global company
The ideal candidate will:
· have significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· have experience with the conventions of commodity-style contracting frameworks (e.g. master trading agreements such as ISDA or EEI)
· have experience in international project development and financing
· be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate working in a global company
· Have experience or a demonstrable interest in carbon trading, climate change and environmental issues
· Salary is negotiable depending on your level of experience plus benefits package
· Environment built on ethics, open communications, mutual benefits, creativity
· Lots of flexible working on offer providing lots of control of work/life balance
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about environmental issues and energy solutions to work in-house as Legal Counsel, based in Oxford.