International property company operating in Capital, Development, Acquisition, Sales, Lettings and Management of London property to local and international buyers and investors. The organisational culture is entrepreneurial with committed team members, each driven to create value for all the stakeholders. This privately owned company has expanded rapidly in the last 10 years and the role is very much a managing and oversight role where you will be immersed in the business.
Supporting CEO and Group Counsel in matters pertaining to real estate, you will be required to closely work with the two offices and make recommendations based on a careful commercial assessment taking into account legal and other issues of any given situation, maintain and liaise with a cost-effective panel of external legal advisers and manage internal relationships. The role will report into CEO and Group General Counsel Deliverables.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing (using external solicitors as required) real estate purchases, funding, sales, leases, planning agreements, construction contracts, consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, letters of reliance, JVs, share issues, bonds and dealing with relies to enquiries relevant thereto
* Advising Funds Boards in Guernsey on above matters
* Advising the company on a variety of contracts e.g., sales agents, referral agents, letting agents, estate management, loans, and suppliers
* In matters pertaining to real estate, the incumbent will be required to undertake initial review of proposed transactions, drafting NDAs, Heads of Terms, and negotiating HTB Agreements with Homes England
* In respect of Estate Management assisting with responses to leaseholders enquires and suppliers' contracts
* Assisting HR in respect of employment matters including any disciplinary hearings and dealing with disputes
* Undertaking responsibility for AML compliance requirements relating to Estate Agents and generally Prerequisites:
* Qualified as a solicitor for not less than 4 in either private practice or in house
* Real Estate and related Development and Investment Funding experience essential
| * Ensure outsourced legal advice has a tightly defined scope of works, which is commensurate with the broader commercial objectives of the relevant transaction
* Team Player willing to contribute to the Group's vision
If the role is of interest and you would like a further discussion, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or 07919-293351 or at email@example.com
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.