Public Inquiry Solicitor
We are seeking to recruit a committed Solicitor to work in our Public Inquiry department. The role will mainly, but not exclusively, relate to the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry. This is an excellent opportunity to work on an interesting and high-profile case. You will be working within a team of 8 other lawyers to advance the interests of our clients and ensure the best possible representation for them.
As an integral part of a committed legal team, you will be acting for traumatised and vulnerable bereaved relatives who are core participants of the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry.
The successful candidate will need to be highly committed to this work as it is complex and hugely important to our clients, have excellent client care skills, very strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise urgent work, meet deadlines with a high degree of skill and the ability to work with and supervise other solicitors/paralegals to get the very best results for our clients.
Main Responsibilities and Duties (not an exhaustive list):
- Meeting with and taking client instructions, drafting witness statements and letters.
- Drafting and coordinating updates and publications for clients.
- Managing and analysing a large volume of complex data and documents and distilling the same.
- Conducting and presenting legal research.
- Attending conferences and court hearings.
- Attending and contributing to internal and external meetings.
- Effectively dealing with client enquiries and communications.
- Drafting witness summaries and lines of questioning and other necessary legal documents to assist with Inquiry investigations.
- Reviewing evidence from key witnesses appearing before the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry hearings.
- Working collaboratively with team members in the preparation of documents and evidence for the inquiry.
- Instructing Counsel on key matters related to the Inquiry.
- Performing necessary administrative duties and managing internal processes.
- Supporting marketing and business development activities.
- Previous experience in Construction law, Housing, litigation, inquiries, coronial law.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with document management software Relativity and LEAP.
Start Date: Immediate (preferred)
Salary: £34-40,000, depending on your level of experience.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org