Job Role: Housing Solicitor
Our Housing team, ranked by The Legal 500 directory for its services across England and Wales, provides assistance to both landlords and tenants on all housing issues. Our solicitors are highly experienced in finding solutions to housing disputes and aim to address the issues quickly and effectively.
We offer lawyer supported dispute resolution or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as a means to resolve housing disrepair matters. The department also regularly represents clients in the courts and prepare applications for judicial review in cases of homelessness.
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
The foundations of our service are built upon four principles: commitment, communication, confidentiality, and courtesy.
What we’re looking for
You will be professional with a pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs. You will be responsible for all aspects of Housing work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members. Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities You will be assisting with casework including dealing with a range of public and private housing cases including Homelessness; Disrepair; Eviction; Possession; Property Ownership Disputes; Succession for Tenants; Neighbourhood Problems matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy. You will be attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases, dealing with correspondence and maintaining accurate time costing procedures.
Key Skills Required
To succeed in your role as a Housing Solicitor you will:
- Have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerabilities client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Housing work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Housing related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Housing Solicitor, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY