Job Role: Immigration Director – Private Client
We have one of the largest legal aid Immigration practices in the UK and are ranked as a top tier practice by The Legal 500 directory for our services including, business immigration, human rights, appeals and overstay. Our immigration lawyers have an established reputation in acting for high net worth individuals, new and established business men and women, and innovative and skilled individuals under the Tier 1 visa categories.
With over 160 specialist Immigration lawyers nationwide, we bring the highest level of expertise to all Immigration matters. The department has a number of highly skilled lawyers who have trained as barristers, and undertake complex appeal cases up to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
Our Immigration team is renowned for their extensive experience in Asylum claims and challenging human rights violations for unaccompanied minors and victims of torture, trafficking, and domestic abuse. In these cases, we are committed to assisting no matter the individual client’s circumstance.
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
The foundations of our service are built upon four principles: commitment, communication, confidentiality, and courtesy.
What we’re looking for
You will be professional with a pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs. You will report directly to and collaborating with the Board to ensure performance targets are met. You will be responsible for all aspects of Immigration work including providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members. Have the ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities. You will be assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department. Variety of duties including dealing with a range of Immigration work including; detained clients; victims of trafficking & torture; asylum work from initial applications through to Tribunal appeal and upper Court appeal matters; entry clearance applications and appeals and some judicial review work. You will be preparing and managing funding applications to the Legal Aid Agency, drafting documents including witness statements and processing evidence. You will be preparing applications to meet Home Office requirements (including drafting application forms, index of documents and letters of representations).
Key Skills Required
To succeed in your role as an Immigration Solicitor / Director – Level 2 & Supervisor Accredited you will:
- Possess 3 Years+ PQE
- Registered with the Law Society Immigration Accreditation Level 2 & Supervisor
- Membership is desirable and committed and highly driven
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills
- Committed team player with ability to approach team concerns fairly, foster culture of positive change and encourage cross referrals
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Ability to deal with vulnerable client matters in a sensitive manner to deal with vulnerable clients and resolve complicated practicalities involved in Immigration issues
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Immigration work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Immigration related work and some expertise on adoption matters
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Immigration Solicitor / Director – Level 2 & Supervisor Accredited, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY