Job Role: Family Director – Private Client
The department is ranked and recognised by The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for family and matrimonial work, providing confidential advice with effective representation. Our family team includes solicitors who have achieved the Law Society’s Children Law and Family Law Advanced accreditations providing advocacy in all court proceedings, ensuring our clients receive a consistent and professional service as well as a high degree of continuity.
The Family department is experienced in assisting high net worth individuals in divorce matters with specialist divorce solicitors with expertise in domestic abuse, adoption, child abduction, prohibitive steps orders, specific issues orders, injunctions, spousal and child maintenance, properties, pensions and freezing injunctions.
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
The foundations of our service are built upon four principles: commitment, communication, confidentiality, and courtesy.
What we’re looking for
You will be professional with a pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs. You will report directly to and collaborating with the Board to ensure performance targets are met. You will be managing and overseeing complex family matters. You will be responsible for all aspects of Family work including divorce, financial disputes and remedies; international elements of child abduction/ adoption; injunctions/ non molestation orders and providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members.
You will possess the ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities. Assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department.
Key Skills Required
To succeed in your role as a Family Panel Member Director you will:
- Possess3 Years+ PQE
- Registered with the Law Society and Family Panel
- Committed and highly driven
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills
- Committed team player with ability to approach team concerns fairly, foster culture of positive change and encourage cross referrals
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities involved in Family Law issues
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Family Law work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Family Law work related work and some expertise on adoption matters
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Family Panel Member Director, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY