Job Role: Property Litigation Solicitor
Our litigation team has extensive experience in acting for both claimants and defendants, representing individuals, companies, charities or those involved in group litigation, in complex and high value civil / commercial litigation matters.
Our lawyers offer advice and assistance in dispute resolution and litigated cases and regularly acts in reported cases in the High Court and the Court of Appeal. The Litigation team is equipped to take swift action to protect our client’s interests and offer the best representation for any court action.
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
The foundations of our service are built upon four principles: commitment, communication, confidentiality, and courtesy.
What we’re looking for
You will be professional with a pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs. You will be responsible for all aspects of Litigation work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members. You will be attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases, dealing with correspondence and managing a challenging case-load of clients’ matters from inception to completion. Preparing draft documents including witness statements and processing evidence and attending conferences and court. You will be maintaining accurate time costing procedures. You will be implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly.
Key Skills Required
To succeed in your role as a Litigation Solicitor you will:
- Possess 2+ years contentious Litigation experience in private practice
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators is an advantage
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Litigation work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Litigation related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
Please view the attached Job Description for further information regarding this role and benefits on offer.
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Litigation Solicitor, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY