Help shape the future of the profession
Are you keen to help shape the future of your profession?
If so, stand for the Law Society’s Council to make your voice heard and contribute directly to our plans.
This summer, there are elections for solicitors representing various locations, practice areas and personal characteristics to join Council. You’re eligible to stand in constituencies relevant to you (one location, one practice area, and as many personal characteristics as you identify with).
As a Council member you will help set the strategic direction of our work, oversee changes to Law Society policy, and agree our annual business plan and budget. Council meets around five times a year, and it’s always possible to join meetings remotely if you wish.
We invite nominations from solicitors from all types of practice and all backgrounds who are interested in shaping how we represent the profession.
The formal notice of the election is here: lawsociety.org.uk/preliminary-notice-2022
As part of this ‘preliminary notice’, you will find:
- a list of the seats to be filled, together with their definitions (annex one)
- for the major corporate constituency, a list of the firms whose employees are eligible to stand for this constituency (annex two)
- a nomination form (annex three, provided separately)
- guidance notes for candidates (annex four)
- a description of a Council member’s role and responsibilities (annex five)
Before submitting a nomination, you need to check if you are eligible to stand, and you can do this by referring to annex one to the preliminary notice.
The deadline for us to receive completed nominations is Thursday 7 July 2022 at 4pm.
If you have any further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org