Inhouse Serious Injuries Solicitor/Legal Executive
£40 – 50k plus Company shares plus bonus plus amazing benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Grade C and 2 grade B fee earners within the Client’s Inhouse Serious Injuries Team. This is a chance to be part of a growing department, within a market-leading firm. The cases in SIT are challenging but rewarding, supporting seriously injured clients to rebuild their lives and securing them compensation that can grant them the independence accident related injuries have taken away. The firm is listed in the FTSE 100 companies.
The Key Skills & Responsibilities for a fee earner within the team:
- Managing a case load, 40 pre-litigated and litigated multi-track files Achieving Targets (time and financial) Supporting Grade A fee earners Mentoring Grade D case assistants Supporting the wider firm/other departments through clinics and training
You will ideally have :
- A minimum expectation of 12 months complex/Pt 7 litigation case handling experience for this position. Previous experience in handling multi-track litigation is desirable but not essential. The cases are mainly RTA, with some EL/PL claims
Hours & Location:
- The core hours are 8.00am/9.00am – 5.00pm/6.00pm, Monday to Friday The role will be based in the client’s Head office in Cardiff Aligned with their smart working model, once training is completed, your role will revert to their Hybrid model of 3 days WFH, 2 days office based
Travel & Court Hearings:
There is an expectation inherent to this role that when required, a fee earner will need to travel to attend upon clients, witnesses and/or experts that may lead to either exceeding these hours or staying overnight in a hotel
Similarly attending Court hearings, trials or conferences/joint settlement meetings may require extended time out of the office
Work outside normal hours is subject to recovery through the department’s flexi-time scheme
Time recording skills will be essential although training and guidance will be provided. In any event targets within SIT are based upon:
- Recorded time (WIP) Costs recovered Targets will be set for all fee earners within SIT upon completion of a settling in period (no less than 3 months)
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance:
- £40 – 50k plus Company shares plus bonus as a guide L&D and Educational Sponsorship Opportunities abroad Developmental coaching Share Scheme Pension Moving home advance Annual Salary Review Discounts on out of hours city parking Ministry of fun socials and days out 33 days holiday Dental Care Career break Health plan Mat, pat and adoption leave Plus many more
The client is proud to be a diverse business where they put their people and customers first. They have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons they have been consistently voted one of Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. They want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices.